You’ve invested in your home by installing granite counters; now, you need to keep them looking great to maintain their beauty. Give your Mequon granite counters the special treatment with simple polishing tips from the experts:
- You’ll need warm water and mild soap to start. You can also buy special granite cleaner or mix a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol instead of soap and water.
- Clean the counter thoroughly, removing all the dirt and spills. Microfiber cloths are perfect for cleaning granite because they don’t leave behind any lint.
- Dry the counter with a clean, dry microfiber cloth. A completely dry counter will prevent the polish from streaking.
- You can make polish using three parts baking soda and one part water. Mix a thick paste and ensure there are no lumps. You can also buy brand-name granite polish if you prefer.
- Rub a thin, even coat of baking soda paste over the granite counter. If you’re using the brand name polish, follow the directions.
- Buff the counter with a soft cloth using a circular motion until you have polished the whole surface.
- Wipe off the polish with a damp cloth, and wipe the surface dry.
You now have a beautifully polished granite counter to show off to family and friends!
Marrying rustic chic to contemporary design can give your space a modern warmth that will never go out of style. By using natural materials for fireplace surrounds, Milwaukee homeowners can enjoy the instant appeal of wood and stone.
The classic choices for a fireplace surround include wood and stone. When used as complementary materials, you can expect timeless beauty and exceptional results. Antique wood mantels and repurposed stone hearths are just the beginning of what you can do to create a fireplace that stands out as a feature in your home.
Wood that has history is popular because it reuses material from old structures and reduces the need to cut down existing trees. Hand-hewn beams make excellent mantels and offer a glimpse into the past while enhancing your home for the future.
Brick & Stone
While polished granite and bricks make excellent fireplace surrounds, reusing stone from old buildings is environmentally friendly and gives your fireplace exceptional character.
Knowing the history of the material in your home offers a connection to the place you live. There is no better way to enhance your home than adding a rustic fireplace surround you’ll come to appreciate in the depths of winter.
Kitchens are among the most popular rooms to renovate. One of the best ways to affordably upgrade the space is to add a new countertop. Brookfield homeowners have a range of material choices but knowing which is right for you can seem daunting. Learn more about each type and then settle on the surface and style that match your vision.
Once considered a luxury countertop, granite has made its way into the mainstream and is now a popular choice for many homeowners. These natural stone surfaces offer an upscale look and come in various colors. They are durable, stain-resistant, and don’t suffer from wear and tear. It’s hard to imagine a granite countertop going out of style.
Another natural stone surface is quartz. It withstands everything from hot pots to serrated knives, so you know it will last through the ages. As a low-maintenance material in several colors and patterns, quartz gives granite a run for its money.
When budget is on your mind, but you still want the luxury look, laminate might be the answer. These countertops come in countless colors, designs, and patterns so that you can match them to any esthetic.
Remodeling with new countertops is an excellent way to transform your kitchen from a place you like to cook to somewhere you’ll love to spend more time.