You’ve invested in your home by installing granite counters; now, you need to keep them looking great to maintain their beauty. Give your Mequon granite counters the special treatment with simple polishing tips from the experts:
- You’ll need warm water and mild soap to start. You can also buy special granite cleaner or mix a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol instead of soap and water.
- Clean the counter thoroughly, removing all the dirt and spills. Microfiber cloths are perfect for cleaning granite because they don’t leave behind any lint.
- Dry the counter with a clean, dry microfiber cloth. A completely dry counter will prevent the polish from streaking.
- You can make polish using three parts baking soda and one part water. Mix a thick paste and ensure there are no lumps. You can also buy brand-name granite polish if you prefer.
- Rub a thin, even coat of baking soda paste over the granite counter. If you’re using the brand name polish, follow the directions.
- Buff the counter with a soft cloth using a circular motion until you have polished the whole surface.
- Wipe off the polish with a damp cloth, and wipe the surface dry.
You now have a beautifully polished granite counter to show off to family and friends!